How to Claim PPI with the Help of Payment Protection Scotland
If you think you may be entitled to PPI compensation, you are in good company! There are thousands of customers yet to claim PPI compensation and if you are one of them, then we can help. And here’s how;
#1 We Help You Find Proof
Before you can make a claim for compensation for mis-sold payment protection insurance (PPI), you need to be confident you have a policy or policies in the first place.
This means some detective work;
- Firstly, find any documents or statements that relate to your loan, credit card, car finance, mortgage, store cards, catalogues etc. – it may say on these statements that you have PPI or be in the small print of the deal that your signed.
- If you can’t find these statements, don’t worry – all you need to do is contact your bank or lender. They will tell you if you have PPI and on what accounts.
- If you don’t get anywhere with your bank or lender, credit reference agencies like Experian may have details on file. You may need to pay for this service.
Still not sure? Contact us as we can help find the information that you need.
#2 We Help You Understand Why PPI Was Mis-sold
Once you have it confirmed you have a PPI policy (or more!), you know need to tell the bank and/or lender why you believe it was mis-sold to you.
There are all kinds of reasons why PPI may have been mis-sold:
- You were told you had to buy it, or were given the impression you had to
- It did not cover you due to existing medical conditions and so you, but you were not told this
- You were given the impression that to buy PPI stood you application in a better light, and was more likely to be successful
- You don’t remember talking about PPI, nor agreeing to it
There are other reasons too and when you call us, we can go through all the mis-selling reasons we have come across in our many years of helping people to claim PPI compensation.
#3 We Submit Your Claim to Your Lender(s) or Bank(s)…
… but our service to you doesn’t stop there. We pursue you claim with your lender or bank, ensuring they deal with it in a timely manner. We can look at any ‘offer’ or PPI compensation settlement they offer you to make sure that you are getting all your money back.
Interested? Contact us to find out more NOW!