Busting PPI Claims Myths
We have helped thousands of customers make compensation claims for mis-sold payment protection insurance (PPI) and with a success rate of 93% plus, you can understand why people turn to us for help.
But understanding how to make a claim and see past some of the perceived complications is also part of what we do. Read on to find out more about making a claim;
- I can’t make a claim because I don’t have the paperwork
Firstly, we need to see that you have PPI and secondly, proved that it was mis-sold to you.
- You may not have separate paperwork for this insurance policy - you may find, for example, that policy numbers appear in statements or other documentation.
- It may not be called PPI as this is a general term applied to an insurance policy that covers repayments on a loan, credit card etc. Different companies have different names for their policies.
- You can contact your bank or lender and ask for a copy of the financial agreement - there may be a small charge for this but you are entitled to a copy of this information under the Data Protection Act 1996.
- Making a claim will affect my already poor credit rating
There is no way that making a claim for PPI compensation ill affect your credit rating. Even if you are in arrears with an account, you are entitled to claim your money back if PPI was mis-sold to you. As specialists in this area, we can help you – call us today.
- I agreed to the PPI, so I have no claim for compensation
PPI was mis-sold on a large scale to many customers. Even if you did agree to the PPI, you still have a claim. For example, did you feel that PPI was no optional but part of your loan agreement, therefore you agreed to it? Many customers also agreed to the policy under a variety of circumstances that meant it was unfairly sold to them.
- There is a PPI database listing how much everyone is due
There is no such thing. Those text messages and phone calls you receive about the ‘£3,467 PPI compensation owed to you’ is all made up, a rouse to reel you in by less-scrupulous companies. Without basic information, there is no way of anyone knowing how much PPI compensation you are owed or even if you have a claim.
- It is a long and drawn out process
Not always. Some PPI are straightforward, others take more time. But with Payment Protection Scotland, you can be confident we are with you every step of the way.