Am I entitled to claim PPI?
If you are thinking of making a claim for mis-sold payment protection insurance (PPI), you will have many questions about how to make a claim, if you have a claim and how much you will be able to claim back.
Do you have a claim?
The majority of people who had or have PPI will be entitled to make a claim because it is an insurance policy that will have been mis-sold to them. There are many reasons why this is the case:
- You were given the impression or told that PPI was compulsory
- You were not told you were buying PPI; it was added to your account without your consent or knowledge
- You were not told that you could shop around for a better deal on a better product
- You were not told of the terms and conditions which meant that you were not covered by the policy
- It was not explained to you how expensive the policy was and how much this would add to the cost of your loan each month, and overall too
Am I entitled to claim?
Entitlement to claim PPI compensation is based solely on whether you were mis-sold the policy. It doesn’t matter if your account is in arrears, where you live, how many loans you have or any other kind of circumstances or situations.
How do I know my claim will be successful?
If you submit a claim through PPI Scotland, we expertly and quickly assess whether your claim is eligible. If it is, we will push hard to get a successful and quick resolution to your claim.
There are times when banks and lenders refute the claim made by a customer. If this happens, this doesn’t mean it is the end of the road. Your case can be referred on to the Financial Ombudsman Service.
What is the Financial Ombudsman Service?
FOS is an independent agency that looks at cases of dispute between a financial company, bank or lender and a customer. They cover all financial complaints including PPI.
Currently, they have a long list of cases that they have been asked to assess and to make a final decision about. On average, FOS find in favour of the consumer in seven out of 10 cases. They don’t just work on PPI cases but all claims.
There are no guarantees that your claim for PPI compensation will be successful but with Payment Protection Scotland on your side, you know that we will do everything we can to ensure a fair and speedy settlement to your claim!